Q-dance has recently released a massive update on this year’s edition of Defqon.1, which will have ”No guts, no glory” as its theme. Find all the information you need in this article.
The worlds’ largest harder styles festival is approaching… and it’s coming in with a bang! 60.000 Weekend Warriors are preparing for their yearly pilgrimage to the mecca of the harder styles. Over the course of three days, more than 250 acts will set the mood for the ultimate party holiday. From 19 till 22 June, Defqon.1 will be the burning epicentre of the hard dance scene. Read on to find all about the extra areas on Sunday, 3 days of madness at the BLACK and the introduction of the Friends Camp. Brace yourself for this unrivalled rave adventure!
Tickets sales for Defqon.1 start on 28 March at 13:00 (CET) at Defqon1.nl/tickets.
Most extensive line-up in the harder styles
Nobody can deny it: Defqon.1 has the most extensive line-up in the hard dance scene. What to expect this year?
- More than 250 acts performing on 14 different stages. That’s over 30 extra acts compared to last year.
- 4 extra areas open on Sunday.
- Hardcore heads, eat your heart out. The BLACK rocks from Friday to Sunday.
- Raw freaks are well catered for at the INDIGO, our extra raw fortress, which is open on both Saturday as well as Sunday. And let’s not forget about the BLUE. It’s our biggest tent and will be open for madness the entire weekend!
- Is freestyle your way to party? The BROWN is being upgraded and will be open for 2 days as well.
- Are you up for a trip down memory lane? The MAGENTA moves to a bigger stage to serve you some of the best classics in the history of hardstyle.
- Speed demons can indulge themselves at the YELLOW on Saturday: a bigger stage with more frenchcore and terror.
- Q-Dance is thrilled to announce that schranz and hard-techno return
Q-Dance keeps us in suspense for a little while longer. The full line-up will be released in a few weeks from now.
Defqon.1 – The weekend experience
There is one thing all Weekend Warriors will agree on: the Defqon.1 weekend experience kicks ass. It’s ON from Friday 14:00 until Monday 12:00. Nothing can beat the vibe at ‘The Gathering’ on Friday – the official opening of the festival. The 2 days that follow are fully packed with leading hard acts, topped off with Q-dance’s signature shows. Go crazy on POWER HOUR at the RED on Saturday, and let “The Endshow” knock you off your feet. And don’t forget to seek the adventure: there is a lot to discover on the festival grounds! We close the weekend in style with “The Closing Ceremony” at the RED on Sunday evening, which is known to be a magical experience. Three days of partying with likeminded ravers. Can it get any better?
Defqon.1 is expanding
Every year the popularity of the Defqon.1 weekend increases. We are doing everything necessary to keep the quality of the festival and the facilities at the highest possible level. Here you find an overview of this year’s upgrades:
- The Gathering will take place in both the BLUE & BLACK, to ensure that everyone has more space to dance.
- Yes, Defqon.1 can be a tough ride. Therefore, we added a large chill-out. All this raving sometimes calls for a moment to catch your breath.
- The ORANGE is being transformed into The 24hrs Q Café: you could call it the festival’s living room. Whether you’re looking to play a game, need a moment of reflection or just a drink with friends, this is the place to be for 72 hours straight. Don’t be surprised if you encounter some crazy scenes here.
- The Q-dance Playground grows bigger. Expect more madness and activities spread across the festival site.
New this year: the Friends Camp. Does your group exist of 20 party people or more? That’s awesome, because then you can claim a section at the campsite for your entire group. There is limited space available, so don’t wait too long to make your booking at Q-dance Travel. You can make your stay at the Defqon.1 Campsite as laid-back as you want. Bring your own tent or arrange your accommodation throught Q-dance Travel. The possibilities are endless: a set-up defqon.1 branded tent, fully furnished tipi tents for your entire party crew or a relaxed hotel room right on the campsite. Is camping not your thing? We’ve got you covered with hotels and cottages near the festival site. Transfer included! More info on the Q-dance Travel packages and the Friends Camp will follow next week.
Ticket sales for Defqon.1 start on Saturday 28 March at 13:00 (CET). There are 2 types of tickets:
- Weekend tickets give you access to the full festival weekend and the campsite
- Saturday tickets give you access to the festival on Saturday from 11:00 until 23:00. Due to the higher demand of weekend tickets, a limited amount of Saturday tickets will become available.
Q-dance Travel sale will start on Saturday 14 March at 13:00 (CET), at travel.q-dance.com.
Defqon.1 will sell out in advance. Don’t miss the harder styles gathering of the year and get your tickets in time.
Reporter: Alexander Bouten